Were you or a member of your family hurt in a car accident? Do you need a San Antonio car accident lawyer? Are you worried about how you’ll pay for your rising medical bills, how much money you’ll lose at work because you can’t work, or how you’ll pay for your car to be fixed after it was hit by someone else’s careless driving? A skilled accident lawyer will then fight for you. Thompson Law won 10 of the top 50 settlements in Texas in 2020, more than any other law firm in the state of Texas.
If you don’t have a lawyer, the insurance company will try to pay as little as possible in claims. That’s because the main job of an insurance adjuster is to cut the amount of money that has to be paid out in settlements and court-ordered damages.
Some of the ways insurance companies try to lower the value of an injury claim are to:
- Claim Denials: Insurance companies will try to get you to give up on them by denying your claims for things like bad paperwork or policy coverage exclusions, in the hope that you will get angry and leave.
- You may get a low settlement offer from the insurance company early on in your case, before you know how bad you were hurt.
- Insurers may take too long to process claims so that an accident lawyer can’t help you with your case. Texas has two years to file a claim for an injury after the accident, so that’s why. In Texas, there are two exceptions to the two-year statute of limitations: 1) at the time of death, if the accident results in death; and 2) at the age of 18 if a minor was in an accident.
- An insurance company might try to make the victim partly responsible for a car accident in Texas.
- Adjusters may try to say that your injuries were already there, or that the treatment was too much.
- When you hire a San Antonio car accident lawyer who has a lot of experience with car accidents, you can focus on getting better. Then, your accident lawyer can help you get the right medical care, fill out the paperwork, negotiate with the insurance companies, get money for lost wages, and get a settlement. In fact, a lawyer may even be able to help you get a loan or get money for medical care in some serious car accidents.
Originally posted 2022-04-27 22:05:26.